Acorn Cottage Guest Policies & Procedures
This agreement outlines important rules, care procedures, and cancellation/refund policies. To proceed to the Reservation Contract please acknowledge that you have read the agreement that follows in its entirety.
CHECK IN IS 4PM (or after)
We will send complete directions to the location, the lockbox and cottage key location and check in instructions after the reservation is paid in full. If you wish to check in early please call or text Pam on your check in day (or the night before) to inquire if it is possible. If the cabin is ready, we may allow earlier arrival.
CHECK OUT IS 10AM
Late check out must have prior approval and is not possible if the cabin has new guests arriving the same day as the cabin must be cleaned. Our cleaning service arrives at 10 AM. A portion of the security deposit may be deducted for late check out. On check out, please call or text Pam and leave a message, leave 1 key in the lockbox and 1 key in the house on the black buffet under the stairs and lock the cabin. If you mistakenly take home or lose a key the charge is $5.00 for replacement. Detailed check out procedures will be provided with your payment confirmation and directions email. If you have questions about trash or any check out procedures please call!
NUMBER IN PARTY
All guests must be disclosed on your reservation. Additional guests other than those noted on the reservation must have
- Respect the 15 MPH speed limits in our neighborhood. The full time residents in the village will report any incidents of speeding by our guests and fines could be imposed.
- All guests are requested to remove shoes and leave them in the mudroom.
- DO NOT attempt to repair anything in the cabin. If you have any problems with anything during your stay please contact Pam and we will arrange repair as expediently as possible.
- If you’re unsure, ask! We’re happy to take calls for questions and concerns. Please call Pam at (626) 589-7771.
NO SMOKING INDOORS & NO PETS ARE ALLOWED
The cabin is equipped with a Wifi smoke detector which send text alerts if smoke is detected indoors. Anyone smoking inside the cabin or arriving with a pet will be asked to leave. Payment WILL NOT be refunded and you will be charged $200 for extra cleaning for indoor smoking or if pet dander/hair is detected by the cleaning crew after your departure.
Smoking is only permitted outside on the decks. Please note we are in a high fire danger area so be cautious with open flame and smoldering butts outdoors. Cigarette butts must be fully extinguished and disposed of in the trash. Please help us respect this beautiful forest—littering is not allowed! If cigarette butts are found on the ground, decks or anywhere on the property outside and/or burn marks are found after your check out you will lose your full security deposit.
HOT TUB USE
Please carefully follow these instructions to prevent injury and/or malfunction or damage of the hot tub:
- MAX OF 3-4 guests in the hot tub at one time.
- MAX temperature is 104 degrees.
- Please shower before using the hot tub.
- Do not have glass bottles near or in the hot tub.
- Do not jump into the hot tub.
- Do not splash the water out of the hot tub or on the controls. The water needs to be kept at optimum level to protect the motors and plumbing. and water on the control panel will short out the hot tub.
- Do not put any objects into the hot tub that could be sucked into the water intake and clog the pipes or filter.
- Always keep the hot tub covered when not in use.
- Do not turn the electricity or heat off to the hot tub. It can cause the pipes to freeze.
- Do not add any soaps or oils to the hot tub.
- The hot tub is serviced weekly. In case of heavy use there are hot tub chemicals with instructions above the refrigerator. If the hot tub requires servicing during your stay or you have any questions on its operation contact Pam.
TRASH & BEARS
Please do not leave or put trash outside, it will attract animals. If you need to empty your trash during your stay contact for directions to secure outdoor trash bin.
DO NOT FEED THE BEARS. Exercise proper safety including:
- Do not leave food on the decks or in your vehicle.
- Stow away food at night in the cabin.
- Close the downstairs windows overnight and also when
- you leave during the day.
- Make sure no food odors are in the kitchen.
Only park in our designated parking area. Do not park on the roads—it is not allowed in our neighborhood. Additionally, in winter what may look like a nice flat snow surface could be a 5 foot ditch that your vehicle will sink into and get stuck. The plow people will also tow any vehicles parked on the road in winter.
SNOW PLOWING / SHOVELING
The snow can reach anywhere from 2 to 6 feet deep in our area. In winter if there is a plow-able snowfall of 3 inches or more of wet snow the driveway will be plowed for your convenience. Please move your cars off the driveway when our plow person comes.
Neighborhoods can have steep roads. In winter months it is strongly recommended that all vehicles carry snow chains or have 4x4 or all-wheel drive when traveling in the Colorado Mountains.
If the road plow comes through at night, use the snow shovel to remove the snow berm. For your convenience there is snow shovel and snowmelt granules that may be sprinkled on the steps and walkways on up to 3 inches of snow or ice.
If you find it is necessary to rearrange furniture during your stay, please return it to its original position. Our cleaning crews are not able to move furniture. If a handyman has to be called to put it back in its place there will be an portion deducted from your security deposit.
- The cabin is fully furnished with linens, cookware and dishes.
- We also stock 4 rolls toilet paper, 1 roll of paper towels, laundry detergent and dish detergent.
- Personal amenities include hand soap, hand lotion, hotel size bath/shower gel, shampoo and hair conditioner.
- If the BBQ is out of propane please call Pam to fill the tank.
- On extended stays maintaining the cabin with the essentials once provided supplies are depleted is up to the guests.
KITCHEN / PLUMBING
Please help us care for our plumbing. DO NOT pour any oils or grease of any kind into the kitchen sink drain. Cool grease and dispose in the trash. In this climate any grease will freeze and clog the drains. If you have any plumbing problems please contact Pam.
During the winter months, the cabin’s main source of heat is the gas log fireplace and space heaters. The stove is on a thermostat below the Acorn Cottage sign in the hallway, please leave it at its lowest setting upon your departure and turn off all wall and space heaters.
GAS LOG FIREPLACE
- DO NOT TRY TO OPEN THE GAS LOG FIREPLACE.
- DO NOT put wood into the fireplace—it only uses special cement logs.
- DO NOT lay any flammable items, jackets etc on the stove to try and dry them—it will quickly melt ski jackets!
- The gas log fireplace exterior gets extremely hot (as with most heating units) please keep all fabrics and other flammable items at least 1-2 feet away from it.
FOR RESERVATIONS MORE THAN 60 DAYS FROM CHECK IN: A deposit payment of 50% of the total rental fee (including security deposit) is due within 3 days of the booking date (booking date is when we receive you reservation agreement). Your final payment is due 30 days prior to your arrival or sooner and can be made by check, cashiers check, money order or credit card, we also take payment by phone.
FOR RESERVATIONS LESS THAN 60 DAYS FROM CHECK IN: A payment of 100% of the total rental fee (including security deposit) is due within 3 days of the booking date (booking date is when we receive you reservation agreement). Renter acknowledges that in the event that Acorn Cottage becomes unavailable for the tenancy specified in the Booking Policies and Reservation Agreement, the owners liability shall be limited to providing a full refund of all monies paid by the guest or relocating the guest to an alternate, available rental operated by the owner.
We accept all credit cards by phone or online (we will send invoice with online payment link) Make out checks, cashier’s check or money order payable to: Acorn Lodging, note in the memo line you are reserving Acorn Cottage.
A Security deposit of $200 will be included in your rental fee. Security Deposits will be refunded 15 days or less after check out date if upon inspection there has been no furnishings/items missing, no furniture was moved, the satellite TVs and remotes have not been altered, no excessive dirt/mud or extra cleaning charges, no pet dander/hair, and no evidence or odor of smoking.
The cabin is inspected after each guest stay. If you find something is broken or damaged when you arrive, call or text Pam and leave a detailed message regarding the damage found upon check in. If you do not report issues at check in, you may be held responsible for damage and some or all of your security deposit may be withheld.
If the carpets need to be cleaned after your stay, a carpet cleaning charge will be deducted from your security deposit. We highly recommend removing shoes at the entryway!
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Cancellation notice must be written, and mailed, faxed or emailed to Acorn Lodging and notice must be received at least 60 days prior to the check in date. All refunds are subject to a $60 cancellation fee.
DEPOSITS AND RESERVATION PAYMENTS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE WITH LESS THAN 60 DAYS NOTICE**
**We do realize emergencies happen and if you must cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, we do our best attempt to rebook the property with other guests and will refund any portion of the stay that we are able to re-book, less the cancellation fee.
EARLY DEPARTURE / NON-ARRIVAL
We cannot refund any portion of the rental fee should you have to leave early, do not show for your reservation or arrive late.
IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY
Call or text Pam at (626) 589-7771 or if you cannot reach her call Ann or Harvey Burch at (970) 946-4994 or (970) 946-4983
By submitting the reservation contract you are attesting that you have read our Guest booking, Policies & Procedures for Acorn Cottage in its entirety.
Your faxed or online Reservation Contract must be completed and received by us to hold your reservation.
For assistance planning your stay please contact us. We'll be happy to answer any questions.